Sunday, August 26, 2007

i'm baaack

Well, I have finally returned from China. I actually got back Tuesday morning but have been recovering from jet lag since. I was supposed to get back late Monday night but my flight from Newark to Dayton (near Cincinnati) was cancelled because of weather. So I got to stay in a lovely roach motel in New Jersey then fly out early the next morning. And jet lag has kicked my butt more this time than ever before. About 4pm I can feel it and I'm dragging by 8. I am waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning too. In fact it is 4:23 am right now.

China was incredible. I will post more details later but suffice it to say that I had a great time and learned a lot. I will wax cheesey for moment and say that I do feel like I only saw half of China because I didn't see it with Shanna. It is really important to me to hear her perspective and opinion so when seeing the sights that I did I felt like I was missing something.

I honestly did try to blog from China but apparently blogger is blocked in China. I tried in two different cities but with no success. Remember that China is still a communist country and has a lot of controls in place despite having open markets. There were certain portions of Wikipedia that were blocked as well. One of the girls on the trip was doing a project on human trafficking in China and most of the websites she tried to visit for information were also blocked. Gotta love censorship.
I've decided to include a few photos to wet your appetite then starting tomorrow I'll update once a day and go through my trip city by city, one city each day. I know I know that is more than you're used to from me so you might overdose but take 2 aspirin and I'm sure you'll be okay. Beijing tomorrow!!

This is not a rainy day-that is pollution. It was like that everyday the entire week.

On the Great Wall. Just jam packed with people

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eww, the pollution!! Well I can mark China right off my list of places to live.

erita said...

yay! i'm so excited to hear updates about your china trip! it's been too long since we've heard from you!

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved that my world traveler is back and safe here at home... with me... where he belongs (Never leave me again.) I think I might have weathered Aaron's long absence better if I had been in China with him! Know what I mean!?