Jacen likes to bargain with us. Whenever we tell him it is time to stop playing he will say "5 more minutes" or something similar. He will ask for cheese and we can tell him that he can have 3 slices of cheese he will say "no 6 pieces of cheese" and we eventually settle on a number in-between. Bathtime-5 more minutes; get out of the bath-2 more minutes.
Us: Jacen you can bring 2 cars with you.
Jacen: ummm...I think 4 cars.
Us: No, you only have 2 hands so 2 cars.
Jacen: How about 3 cars?
You get the picture. So last night as I went to read to Jacen before bed I told him we would read 1 book. It was late and we wanted to hurry and get him in bed. Of course Jacen began the bartering, "2 books." We went back and forth for a few minutes me standing firm in my position, Jacen in his. I finally told Jacen, "UNO!" and held up one finger. Jacen's response? He held up two fingers and said, "No DOS!"
We read two books.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
We have similar issues with our kids sometimes. When they insist on a higher number, we give them a choice: the number we said or zero. Not surprisingly our kids almost always settle for the number we originally said. Cuz, who wants zero!? Having said this, I know that sometimes kids just want a little control over their own lives. It's gotta suck to have a big person always telling you EVERYTHING to do. So we try to let our kids make choices when it's not such a big deal what the outcome is.
That's awesome! He's super smart!!
Post a Comment