Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas cookie kit

Jacen got a sugar cookie kit for his birthday. He was so excited to make them. The coolest thing about this kit is that it included edible watercolors so you could paint the iced cookies. Here are the photos to map our cookie making journey.

"Look at me! I'm squishing the dough!"

Jacen having a great time!




I love to get get dirty!



Obviously, Jacen is proud of his work. These are ready for the oven!


I love this picture because it shows Jacen out of patience with me. He had to wait for the cookies to cook and then cool. Then, we applied the frosting and waited for it to dry. Then we carefully painted them all. Go back and look at the first pictures and compare his energy level then to this picture. It just makes me giggle! Those of you with kids can imagine the grumbly tone when he impatiently said, "Mom! No more pictures!" and "I'm ready to eat them already!"







Ahh, all has been restored to rightness.



Mmmm, all that hard work finally pays off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah kids...ya gotta love 'em. :-)

Chellers said...

yummmmmmmy. What beautiful work you did. And I TOTALLY know what you're talking about when it comes to the patience of children...or lack thereof. We went to a Christmas party today that had a similar effect on my kiddos. It's worth it, right? :-)

Shanna said...

We must think it's worth it because we keep having more! :-) Look- now we all have the :-) in our comment. We are so cool! :-)