The occasional ramblings and musings of Aaron and Shanna. Emphasis on "occasional"
Monday, November 23, 2009
So, after many hours of preparation and tribulation, we still don't have family pictures. The kids did not cooperate and we had to leave the portrait studio empty handed! It was truly a nightmare. Will we recover and try again? We shall see...
My suggestion to have a professional photographer that spend time with you outdoor. It may help with kids being playful outside. I got my family pictures by someone who took outside for good price and has like 100 pictures on CD for only 125 dollars session. :) I tried taking Mady to photo studio before and it was hard because only limited time and just took FEW pictures which arent great
I'm so sorry! What a total pain. I remember a couple of years where we walked out of the portrait studio with a few pictures of teary eyed or frowning kids. Not fun at the moment, but good for a laugh later!
That really stinks! Maybe some outside candids with a friend photographing would be more successful... We're thinking about that option for our family.
I think the worst part was the embarrassment that I felt. I whined, cajoled, bribed, and threatened but couldn't get any cooperation. It was quite pitiful to hear my kids crying after I informed them there would be no treats.
"Where's my sucker?! Where's my ice cream! WAAAAAH! SUCKER! ICE CREAM! WAAAAAH!"
You know, as if it weren't already obvious that dealing with our 3 kids is a bit beyond our capabilities, let's announce the fact that I have to shamelessly bribe my children. Out loud. Embarrassing.
I think all of my children were experiencing (or re-experiencing) the terrible twos. Maybe I'll laugh when (if!) we do get some good photos to send with our Christmas cards.
I am reminded of Vicki's hand drawn cartoons "Seriously"! No, seriously, thank you!
I think next time we are going to take charge more and tell the photographer what we want and have them take those pictures FIRST. It seems every time we go they take all their artsy pictures first and then when the kids are nice and tired we try to get the pictures we went in for.
7 comments:
My suggestion to have a professional photographer that spend time with you outdoor. It may help with kids being playful outside. I got my family pictures by someone who took outside for good price and has like 100 pictures on CD for only 125 dollars session. :) I tried taking Mady to photo studio before and it was hard because only limited time and just took FEW pictures which arent great
Oh my, that doesn't sound fun. The worst part is getting everyone ready -- hopefully you will have better luck next time.
I'm so sorry! What a total pain. I remember a couple of years where we walked out of the portrait studio with a few pictures of teary eyed or frowning kids. Not fun at the moment, but good for a laugh later!
That really stinks! Maybe some outside candids with a friend photographing would be more successful... We're thinking about that option for our family.
I think the worst part was the embarrassment that I felt. I whined, cajoled, bribed, and threatened but couldn't get any cooperation. It was quite pitiful to hear my kids crying after I informed them there would be no treats.
"Where's my sucker?! Where's my ice cream! WAAAAAH! SUCKER! ICE CREAM! WAAAAAH!"
You know, as if it weren't already obvious that dealing with our 3 kids is a bit beyond our capabilities, let's announce the fact that I have to shamelessly bribe my children. Out loud. Embarrassing.
I think all of my children were experiencing (or re-experiencing) the terrible twos. Maybe I'll laugh when (if!) we do get some good photos to send with our Christmas cards.
I am reminded of Vicki's hand drawn cartoons "Seriously"! No, seriously, thank you!
I think next time we are going to take charge more and tell the photographer what we want and have them take those pictures FIRST. It seems every time we go they take all their artsy pictures first and then when the kids are nice and tired we try to get the pictures we went in for.
We did succeed at retaking the photos! Yippee! We still bribed them with ice cream but at least this time it worked!
Post a Comment