Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sick babies and stuff

Man, is there anything more troublesome than a sick baby? Jacen has been under the weather for the past few days with something called Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease. He had a fever for a few days and got rash-like sores all over his body. Add to all that he has been really cranky. I don't fault Jacen because I get really cranky when I'm sick too. Anyway, it has been pretty tough because Shanna is in the last week of work at AWL and the kids there are getting restless. And I've got finals coming up so I've been pretty busy finishing up papers, projects, and studying. Or at least faking it.

Anyway, Jacen has required a lot more attention than normal. I guess this is what we signed up for when we decided to have kids. Cuts, bruises, chicken pox, hand-foot-mouth, etc. By the way, how great is the name 'hand-foot-mouth disease'? They should name all ailments like this. 'Black-lung-and-dying-soon-because-you-smoked-for-twenty-years' or 'Heart-stopped-working-because-you-don't-exercise-and-eat-like-a-pig'. I think people who name diseases should stop using Latin and start empowering the hyphen.

Pressure
I guess now I have to step up my posting here. Tommy has started blogging and already that guy is showing me up. He has already posted pictures AND video on his blog. I am lucky to be able to log in when I want to write. Always gotta show off don't ya Joseph!! Anyway, it is actually probably good for me. Keeps me on my toes. And Tommy, welcome. Good to have you here.

No comments: