Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bob Loblaw

Well I have a lot to update and to be honest not a lot of motivation to do it. Here is your reader's digest version updates:

1) Got back from Lake Tahoe last week. Tahoe was AMAZING! We had a great time. For those of you not in the know we took a trip to Lake Tahoe (Nevada side) for a family reunion. It was Shanna's Mom's side of the family.


The above picture is just one of the great sunsets from the house we stayed at. Below are some other pics from the trip.

I think this picture looks like it came from a brochure or ad. I just really like the way it looks.

Ella, Chase, and Jacen in their tent (in the living room). They LOVED it.

Swimming in Lake Tahoe. If you've never been to Tahoe let me tell you--the water is cooooold. Not like 'ooh that's chilly cold' but 'ouch I stubbed my toe on a glacier' cold.

Jacen on a rock striking his Little Mermaid pose. "It's merman dad. merMAN!"

Jacen and Ella reading. Jacen is reading a checkbook and Ella is reading an address book.

Chase, Jacen and Ella at the hotel swimming pool.

2) (there is more to this update than just Tahoe for those of you still with us) Shanna and I have joined Weight Watchers. We decided that we needed a little extra something to get us going. We have both tried different things on our own and individually with little or no success. We decided to do WW together in hopes that we can learn better eating habits and we feel that going to the meetings will give us a measure of accountibility. We will have our 3rd meeting tomorrow. At our 2nd meeting I had already lost 8.4 pounds and Shanna has dropped 5.2!

We have started to eat a LOT better. We have 2 or 3 vegetables at every meal and tons of fruit. Most importantly for us we have started contolling our portion size. Besides the weight we have already lost we just feel better. I'll try to post an update tomorrow about our latest weigh-in.

3) My dad is visiting us here in Cincinnati. He is going to stay with us for a couple of weeks. It has been really good for Jacen to get to know him better. And of course dad just adores him.

4) Shanna has a job lined up for the upcoming school year. She will be an IA at Roselawn Condon Elementary School. She starts back up on the 21st. I think she is pretty excited about the position. She will be working with a 2nd grade girl with disabilities. I'll post more on that when we find out more.

5) School is going well for me. Dean's list again last quarter and I just finished one of those short summer terms. I started another 3-week summer term yesterday.

I think that's about it for now. Like I said I'll try to update tomorrow with our weigh-in.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yippee, a post!! And I enjoyed it very much. I'm very curious about your (and shanna's) weight watcher updates. I hope it works well for you guys. On the opposite side of life, I've been posting my weekly weight GAIN on my blog since I was 20 weeks pregnant. So stay tuned for that excitement.