Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Some getting bigger, others getting smaller

Took Jacen to the doctor last night for a checkup. He is in good overall health despite the fact that his nose is constantly runny. Doc says it is just Cincinnati allergies. Jacen is 20 months old and is 37" tall, 32 1/2 lbs, 19 3/4" head circumfrance. That puts him above the 95% in all 3 categories...no surprises really. He is big and getting bigger but proportionally so that's okay.

While Jacen gets bigger we get smaller. Went to WW this morning and below is the update.

This Week
Shanna 1.4 lbs
Aaron 2 lbs

Total
Shanna 10 lbs
Aaron 13 lbs

We both had pretty bad weeks so we thought we would post a weight GAIN this week but were very pleasantly surprised. I think it was still a wake up call for both of us that we need to step it up just a little more.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Nice work guys!

dan said...

I've heard that those percentile charts for kids are based on kids from 20-40 years ago, so they're much smaller than kids nowadays are.

I mean, it seems like every one I talk to has kids that are all in the 95th+ percentile. I mean EVERYONE can't be in the 95th percentile, right?

Aaron said...

good point dan. or maybe they are using charts from Asia. I know when we were in S'pore we sometimes felt like we were Gulliver surrounded by Lilliputians.