Thursday, May 17, 2007

boy names

As you know we have been trying to figure out possible boy names for a couple of weeks now. When we found out our first child was going to be a boy we started tossing out names and when Jacen was suggested Shanna and I both chewed on it for about 2 minutes before knowing that was the right name. It just FELT right. After that we couldn't even come up with any new names. His name was Jacen and there wasn't really any reason to try and come up with something else.

Well, it isn't set in stone or anything but we have the same feeling about the name Hayden Noah for our 2nd boy. When I sit down and try to think of possible names the only thing that comes to mind is Hayden Noah. We considered Noah for a first name but I think it flows better as is. Let us know what you think. Oh, and don't tell Dan and Carolyn Miller. Not until the baby is born at least. :-)

6 comments:

dan said...

Mwahahahaha I'm telling everyone

Carolyn said...

Um, in case you haven't noticed, Dan and I are the only ones that ever read your blog. Well, at least we're the only ones that ever comment. And when you ask for our opinions, you really want them??? What if someone says, "Uh, I hate that name!!" Would you change it? Would that bother you? In the mean time, Go Hayden Noah Olmsted! :-)

Unknown said...

I DO want honest opinions. If somebody hates a name then I know that I will never allow that person to be a part of my son's life. No problem.

And you aren't the only ones who read the blog just the only ones who post. :-)

just like I read your blogs but rarely ever post.

Carolyn said...

i like comments. i encourage comments. i like to keep tabs on who's reading.

Jessica said...

Congrats on finding another great name! I really like Hayden! And the father son camping photos are really cute. I'm jealous you've already chosen a name for your baby. Michael and I are still struggling. We really loved Riley's name instantly like you guys did with Jacen, but we're having more trouble the second time around. Any sugguestions? Did you use a baby name book? Well this is your blog, not mine. I love the name!
Jessica Maxfield

Anonymous said...

I think you should name the baby Noah Arthur...
And Dan and Carolyn are not the only ones that read your blog.