Friday, November 14, 2008

Not just because I work for NASA...


Tonight the Space Shuttle Endeavour launched at 7:55 pm and we took the whole family up to my work where they were showing the shuttle launch on NASA TV. They projected it onto a wall and had the audio feed from Mission Control to Endeavour. It was very cool. Jacen seemed to enjoy most of it and really had a good time looking at the stuff in the visitor's center. We are going to go back up tomorrow and they are having an activity for the kids where they get their picture photoshopped into a space suit and build model shuttles and UFOs.


I've always wanted to see a live launch but this was still pretty cool. Hopefully at some point I will end up at Kennedy Space Center and we can watch one in person.


2 comments:

MB said...

I know I'm a total nerd/proud American but, I LOVE seeing launches. It makes me cry. (Not a lot but, one or two tears...)

Dave and Ginger said...

I've seen a live launch in Florida several times. I was across a lake and it was still so loud you had to cover your ears. Very cool!! Hope you make it to Houston!!!