My husband is a pretty cool guy. He did the most amazing thing the other day. So I have to brag.
First, I must mention that when I was single I was computer capable and could set up my computer, plug in all necessary wires and get the thing to work. If I had an internet connection problem I would try to fix it and wiggle wires, push buttons, try to reset the modem, etc. Well, not anymore. Ever since Aaron and I got married I have not had to deal with any of that. It quickly became obvious that Aaron was technically inclined and I was happy to hand over the computer reigns completely. Every time we have moved (which has been a lot) Aaron takes care of it all. I love it. I am free to use the computer, email, blog, etc. but when any glitch arises I simply call Aaron and he comes and fixes it. You could say that I have become computer lazy.
It is not like Aaron is a techno genius. He just likes to figure things out. He will take the time to problem solve any software or hardware issue. He isn't afraid to ask for help and advice from someone else if he needs it. I don't even get concerned anymore when Aaron gets frustrated and wants to quit after exhausting all his ideas. The fact is that he always finds a solution! He always fixes it somehow.
Well, a few weeks ago, I was on the computer when suddenly the computer shut down and turned off. I glanced down and saw Ian pushing the power button. The power button is a bright blue square light that calls to little children and says "push me!" When Jacen was a babe, we had to cover it with black electrical tape. Yes, folks, our computer is old. Anyway, I tried to turn the computer back on but it never came back on! The computer was dead.
Aaron spent a lot of time trying to fix it. I thought that this time it truly was time to get a new computer. I didn't think that it was fixable. It is over 5 years old and has been moved 7 times (including a move halfway around the world and back!) I am not sure how Aaron did it but he somehow took a part from my Dad's old computer and fitted it to ours and it helped him discover what the problem was. He ran out last night, bought a part, squeezed it into our computer and like magic, now our computer is working. Thanks, Aaron. I am so grateful for your efforts that I briefly considered signing up on facebook just for you. I know that you know that that means I am truly grateful.
Well, all you fellow bloggers, friends and family- I gotta go check your blog updates! Later!
Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Thank you honey. For those NOT in the know lately I have become a hardcore Facebook junkie. Shanna doesn't get it but I LOVE connecting with old friends from High School and previous jobs. I'm on Facebook nigh unto constantly.
that is so awesome. Next time my computer goes out I know who to call. Facebook rocks!
We are glad that you guys are back and you are not alone on Facebook, I'm usually there myself, much to Dan's dismay!
Post a Comment