Thursday, May 31, 2007

the end is near

Two weeks since my last post. I'm sure you (the 4 four people who read this) thought that I was slipping back into my old habits. Well, you were right. Actually I got extremely busy with school and just didn't have the energy. But now school is just about over, at least for little bit. Shanna's last day of work was today so that is certainly something worth celebrating. She is looking forward to being a housewife for the next few months.


I forgot to post about it but Jacen and I went on a father-and-son campout a couple of weeks ago with my brother-in-law Ken Moran and his son Chase. We went to Hocking Hills which is about 2 hours from Cincinnati. We almost didn't make it as there was some confusion on the directions and major communication problems later. My cell phone couldn't get a signal so I couldn't contact Ken. We finally found the place and hooked up with Ken at about 10:30 at night. Jacen was a trooper the whole time. He finally fell asleep in the front seat of the car while I set up the tent.


After I got the tent up and moved Jacen I started working on some dinner for Ken and I. I asked Ken if he wanted some hot dogs to hold him over while the steaks cooked and from my tent I hear Jacen yell, "Yeah! I want hot dogs." By the time I stopped laughing and made it over to the tent to check on him (about 90 seconds later) he was asleep again. Random. Ken and I had these MASSIVE rib eye steaks that we cooked on the campfire that were just absolutely fantastic. We also had some campfire beans and someone did a dutch oven peach cobbler that has convinced me I want to learn how to dutch.


The next day we had breakfast and sat around the morning campfire talking while all the boys ran around and played. Later we went "hiking" to some caves and a waterfall.



2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I assume that's your brother in law, Ken, in the first picture. Wow, he must be tall. Because you're tall and he looks as tall as you. It's a world of giants out there! Don't squash me.

Anonymous said...

There are some handsome boys and men in my family!