Monday, March 10, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Over the weekend the greater Cincinnati area received quite a bit snow and we were determined to take full advantage of it. We stayed indoors and vegged like nobody's business!

The snow started on Friday and got bad enough that UC classes after 2 p.m. were cancelled. I of course had classes until 1:50 p.m. No help there. Of course I'm willing to bet that there aren't too many students registered for classes Friday afternoons. In fact, I'm willing to press my bet and say that UC doesn't offer too many Friday afternoon classes.

I rant.

The snow pretty much shut everything down. We got several inches overnight as evidenced by this picture of Shanna's car.

Now you might ask, "What were you doing outside with a camera?" And given the circumstances that is a perfectly rational question. Shanna and I figured that since this was probably the last snow of the season we should take Jacen sledding. Right by our house is French Park which has a pretty decent sledding hill. We drove on over about 9am and were the first and only ones there (saner people were at home). Now, we don't own a sled but that poses no barrier for the determined and inventive. Jacen slid down on a plastic bin, i tried (very unsuccessfully) on a plastic table cloth, and Shanna went down (and I mean DOWN) on Jacen's plastic rocking horse (which is a giraffe).

All in all we had a great time. Jacen was done after about 10 minutes and spent the rest of the time laughing at Mommy and Dad make fools of themselves.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Shanna. The picture of you flying head over heals is priceless. Jacen is one smart boy to let the grown ups show him how it's REALLY done. :-)

Rebekah said...

That looks like our last snow. Hope you guys enjoy it while it lasts!! Looks like a ton of fun!!

erita said...

it looks like you had sooo much fun! i always love 'snow days'. too bad it didn't give aaron any time off of school really.