Jacen got to see his little brother for the first time this morning and it was honestly one of the sweetest moments of my life. I'm going to get sappy (I'll talk about football later or something) but Jacen was so very tender with Ian. He was sitting in the bed with Shanna when I brought Ian in and his face just LIT UP, "It's a little baby!" He kept pointing out his "little nose" and "little mouth" and "little hands." He hugged and kissed Ian over and over and kept asking, "Can I hold it?" It was really quite special.
Jacen bought a gift for Ian with his own money and we bought a present for Jacen that was from Ian. You can see Jacen opening the presents below. A day later everyone is doing extremely well. Other than the first few minutes of life I haven't heard Ian cry. Amazing. I know it isn't going to last but I have been at the hospital most of the morning up until now and Ian has been the most peaceful baby I've ever seen. I'm sure when he gets home and the clock reads 3am that will all change.
Shanna is recovering well too. Some minor discomfort but nothing too serious and she is up and about (and grateful to be able to move much more freely now!)
Now the good stuff....











6 comments:
Well thanks for giving us what you could, Aaron. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we're just so happy for your family! I know those friends and family who are far away are anxious for pictures. But I'm lucky, I'll probably get to see Ian up close and personal in the next day or so! Congratulations again.
He's beautiful guys!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just got off the phone with aaron--he sounds like such a proud papa! the pics are beautiful!
shanna, you look fabulous, of course. i told aaron, sheesh! shanna's hair isn't even mussed ;)
so happy to welcome little ian into the world. give him my love.
congrats!!
Congratulations to both of you and welcome Ian to this beautiful world! Think he looks like Jacen when he was a baby.
love, Serene
I agree, Shanna, you look beautiful! Just glowing. I am so happy for all of you. Now a family of 4!
Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment