Sunday, October 07, 2007

This week...

This week we bought a dresser that will double as a changing table for when the baby arrives. Aaron and Jacen industriously put it together. We bought it cheap at Walmart but it looks pretty nice. It was one more thing that we needed to do before our new son arrived. I felt so relieved to have a place to put all of the cute baby clothes!
Jacen was super helpful and really enjoyed the time with his daddy. He now knows how to use an electric drill and a hammer successfully (with much guidance!) I pretty much did nothing but sit, watch and photograph the event.


As you may already know I am ready to have this baby OUT! So, after investigating natural methods for inducing labor, including acupressure, I desperately decided that I needed some spicy food to do the trick. That day we happened to receive a package from our good friend Serene in Singapore. She sent us some Singapore curry packets which we quickly made up and ate for dinner. It was pretty spicy and yummy and we enjoyed it so much! All you have to add is chicken and potatoes and serve it with some rice. Mmmmmm, I am salivating just thinking about it!! No, labor did not start but we had some mighty fine dinner! Thanks, Serene!
Aaron enrolled Jacen in a swimming class at UC that allows for parents to be in the water with their child. Jacen loves to swim and loves these lessons because they give him special "daddy time" at daddy's school! Again I sat, watched and photographed. Here is Jacen floating with help from Aaron.


Jacen also got to spend time with his cousins this weekend at Nana and Papa's house. Not only did they play with playdough together (below) and take a walk but they got to go to King's Island! Nana and Papa braved the unusual heat Saturday and took the kids to ride all of the rides and do a little trick-or-treating. I am not sure who was more exhausted by the end of the day-the kids or Nana and Papa!

1 comment:

dan said...

One thing I've found through 4 pregnancies (as a passenger) is that none of those "old wives tales" about how to start labor work.

None of them (and I think we've tried them all!)