TODAY is the day! In just a few hours, Aaron and I will be heading to Bethesda North Hospital to induce my labor. The whole process will start with paperwork at 9am, Pitocin drip at 10am, followed by regular contractions from 12pm on until our new son is born sometime during the evening. Hopefully it will all go that smoothly!
Nana and Papa came to get Jacen last night at 7pm for an overnight sleepover at their house. We tried to explain all that would happen to Jacen ahead of time so that he would know what to expect. Jacen is able to really roll with the punches when he knows a little bit about what comes next. For instance, I took him to the doctor yesterday (yes, he has an ear infection) and he had no problem cooperating with the doctor when he looked in his ears and throat and listened to his heart because these were all things that we had talked about beforehand. Jacen was a little more hesitant to cooperate when they asked him to lift his arm to put the thermometer in his armpit. He did cooperate but I had to explain it a little more and reassure him about it first.
On a side note, later that day Jacen wanted to play "doctor" and put a thermometer under my armpit! It was pretty cute. It reminded me of the time last week when I had a headache and explained to Jacen that I wasn't feeling well and he insisted on putting a Batman band-aid on my forehead. He kept asking me "You don't feel well? Where does it hurt?" His attentions and concern were adorable and I immediately felt better! I must've worn that bandaid for hours.
Anyway, back to last night. After Jacen left for the grandparents we straightened the house a bit and then settled in to play some backgammon and Farkle. Aaron beat me twice at backgammon and I beat him at Farkle! It was a really nice evening together just like when we were single and played games to pass the time. Aaron even gave me a massage to help me relax and get some sleep. I went to bed early and, unfortunately, awoke very early. That is why I am writing on the blog at 4am!
We will try to post some pictures of the days events as soon as we are able! Thanks to all our friends and family for their support! We love you!





2 comments:
I think I gotta sign up for one of these 10 a.m. doctors. For some reason our doctors like to schedule inductions at 4 a.m.
No, really!
Good luck today! We will keep our fingers crossed for a speedy labor!!
Post a Comment